Returning Resident

About this Visa

The Resident Return (subclass 155) visa is a permanent visa for current or former Australian permanent residents. This visa will allow you to maintain or regain your status as an Australian permanent resident on your return to Australia.

Five Year Resident Return Visa (Subclass 155)

For current or former Australian permanent residents, or former Australian citizens to travel overseas and return as permanent residents for up to five years.

Former Resident Visa (Subclass 151)

For former Australian permanent residents, and persons who served in the Australian Armed Forces before 1981, to return to Australia permanently.

Important: You are advised to apply for this visa before you leave Australia if you intend to return to Australia after your current visa expires.

Return Documents for Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents

Learn more: Resident Return Visa

Certificate of Status

Certificates of Status are for clients who need evidence of their status in Australia. There are many reasons why you may need evidence of your status; however, if you are lodging an application for Australian citizenship or any other visa application with the department, you do not need to apply for evidence of your status.

Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status (CERS)

For Australian permanent residents who need evidence of their permanent resident status and who do not have other adequate forms of documentation.

Certificate of Status for New Zealand Citizens in Australia (CSNZCA)

For Eligible New Zealand Citizens residing in Australia who need evidence of their immigration status for certain social security income benefits.

Click here for more: Certificate of Status

× How can I help you?